We're still hoping things happen this month but I'm still not getting my hopes up. It's definitely taking longer than expected this time which is ok but at the same time I am SO ready to have another baby. But we also have a huge list of things we want to get done before a baby comes so whenever it happens, it happens.
We actually went out for dinner last week with some friends we hadn't seen in a long time (we've only briefly saw their son who is now 1.5 years old!) Anyway, they gave us a present. It was a hope figurine that her grandmother had bought and put next to a picture of the 2 of them when she realized how frustrated they were in trying to conceive. So she gave the figurine to us and my hubby put it beside a picture of us as soon as we got home that night. Might have been a little late for it this month so hopefully it works for next month. If so, I'm giving it back to our friends because they are starting to try for a 2nd one.
In other news, I found out on Friday that my mom HAD skin cancer. She was awaiting the results before she was going to tell us. (I know I didn't need another thing on my plate to stress me out) They removed everything in January so she has a clean bill of health as of right now. I'm so glad for that! It's a very scary thing in my family and something I have to worry about as well. In June it will be 8 years since I lost my grandfather to melanoma (skin cancer). I still can't believe it's been 8 years already. I still miss him SO much and wish he was still around. Him and I were inseparable and I was definitely spoiled by him! My hubby didn't get to know him very well since we had only been dating a little more than a year when he passed, but I remember when my hubby proposed to me and we were talking about who knew that he was going to do it. He mentioned that he didn't get a chance to ask my dad (he did ask my mom though) since we didn't see much of my dad. Then he also said that just in talking with my grandfather and working on things in the garage with him (he was legally blind so we had to help him do a lot of his hobbies that he NEVER gave up on) he knew that he had my grandfather's approval, which meant the most to me.
Praying for you always! That is such a a sweet present they handed down to you! <3 And I am glad things with your Mom are better as well!
ReplyDelete