Monday, November 18, 2013

First Appointment Scheduled

I have my first appointment (ultrasound) on Monday, November 25th... so 1 more week! I can't wait to hear the heartbeat (since the last words I heard about my baby's heartbeat was that they couldn't find one). Then next week we will be telling our parents. I wanted to wait until closer to the end of the first trimester, which isn't until January 1, but I can't wait any longer! I want to tell them NOW but I want to wait until after our first appointment confirms that everything is ok.

I also discovered that even though I'm over the moon excited about this, it's also a very boring time until probably February when we find out what we're having. Since we have all of the basics, there's not much to buy or do right now. And the only things we'll change is the theme in the nursery and add curtains that we didn't get to before. Other than that, we're not changing much (unless it's a girl, then we'll need clothes). So right now is so boring. I'm sure it will be nice after I start to feel him/her move cause I can actually enjoy it without worrying about buying stuff and making sure we have the things we need. We won't even have to decide on names... we're 99.9% sure on the boys name and about 90% sure on the girls name so that's pretty much done too.

I think this is going to be a VERY LONG 7.5 months!!!

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you! I can't wait to hear how the appt goes on Monday. I am thinking of you guys! Atleast it will hopefully go by fast with all these holidays coming up! What a Thankful thanksgiving you all will have. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete