Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Looking Up?

There is a manager position open in my office. I never thought I had what it took or the things they were looking for, but I was approached by someone that is in on the hiring decision for this position. He asked if I had applied. I said no, because I didn't think I had what it took and didn't know much about the position anyway. He told me that he thinks I should apply. So I did.

I just got a call this morning that I have an interview for it on Tuesday morning. It will be weird interviewing with people I currently work with but it could be a great opportunity. I do like working in this office but can't see myself doing what I'm doing forever. As a manager, there will be more things and more opportunities. So I'm hoping and praying all goes well. I'm not getting my hopes too high since my hopes have been crushed several times over the last few months... granted, all for the same reason. I just really hope I do get it.

I currently have 2 co-workers in this office. One is leaving next Friday (retiring) and the other is younger than I am and has inquired about the position already. He is very "Mr. Know-It-All" and definitely DOES NOT know it all. I was told by my boss that he has inquired and I flat out told him that I would leave if he got it. He ensured me that he would not get it. So it will be real interesting if I get it. I can honestly see him leaving (which wouldn't hurt me one bit!) He currently thinks he's the boss as well so there is going to be some clashing right away.

I've been here for 2.5 years and do know how (at least a little) to do everything in this office so that's a plus. The guy leaving is currently the manager and he's only been here for 3 years so I guess I have enough experience. It's just weird to think I could be a manager. :)

It would be a great little pay increase plus probably hour change. Currently during the semester I work 8:30-5. If I got this, I would probably work 7-3:30 which would be awesome. My hubby and I could ride together to work every day, which would be nice. He works about 3 blocks from me and we currently ride together over the summer when I work earlier hours.

So here's to hoping and praying for this as well as the current thing ;) Next round has started there as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment