Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy Birthday, Noah!

I'm posting this today since we are hopfully leaving town around 6 or 7am tomorrow morning (his actual birthday).
One year ago tomorrow our son, Noah Christopher, was born sleeping at 1:45pm. I really can't believe my baby should be a year old already. Even without your children, it's amazing how fast a year flies. I feel like it can't be a year already. I still miss him so terribly much but I know one day we will be reunited again.

I had my first mini melt down at work this week. I was able to compose myself quickly but it was the start of a rough weekend for us. It's been a bad week at work for me anyway. The new manager isn't working out for any of us and she's making our lives pretty rough. So on top of my crappy week, I have to deal with her.

So tomorrow, we're heading to the grave site early in the morning to put flowers and a birthday balloon on his grave. And then we're heading to Pittsburgh for the day. We have plans to go to the Zoo... something fun to remember him. Then in the evening for dinner we are meeting up with some friends that we haven't seen in forever! So I'm excited to get away and do some fun stuff in remembrance of Noah.

Then Saturday, we are having a cookout with family and close friends that were there for us last year. Unfortunately I don't feel like it was that many so it will be a tiny crowd. We are having cake and ice cream in celebration of his birthday. And then we're releasing balloons with messages on them from each of us that will be there.

So there will be lots of pictures to come after this weekend! As I told my hubby, these kinds of things are our pictures "of" Noah now.

Dear Noah,
A year has passed but our love for you is just as strong as it was this time last year! We still love you and miss you more than you will ever understand. I can't wait until we are all joined as family again. Until then, keep your Great Pap and Great Grammy company for me and give them a big hug. I miss all of you so so much! Also keep an eye on your daddy and I this weekend as we try to enjoy ourselves in your memory. It's going to be a hard weekend but I'm sure we'll get through it with our great support system.
I love you little man!
Mommy

3 comments:

  1. Thinking and praying for you and the hubs. Hope you are able to have a nice weekend with friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending ((HUGS)) to you darling!! I wish we lived closer!! You are such a strong person and I hope everything goes nicely this weekend for you and Craig. The letting balloons go is an amazing idea. I am sure that Noah will be so excited to get them. Happy Birthday little man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a special day yesterday and a good weekend celebrating Noah. I think the bbq is a fantastic idea. Big hugs, and as usual I wish I lived closer so I could be there for you. Big hugs sweet friend. You are on my mind.

    ReplyDelete