Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Baby Carson Update

I guess I need to try to keep up with this a little more. I haven't been so good at documenting my pregnancy. Heck, we haven't even kept up with pictures very well.

This pregnancy has also been a "normal" pregnancy with the exhaustion, being miserable, tired and just downright feeling pregnant. So different than Noah. I also found out a couple weeks ago that I have gestational diabetes which wasn't a surprise since they told me I'm insulin resistant last summer while going through the fertility treatments. So I have that to deal with this time around as well.

Other than feeling downright crappy all the time (emotionally and physically), I'm getting by. I'm more than ready for July to come! I'm ready to have my baby in my arms. Ready for life to finally be looking up. Craig and I have also had a rough patch over the last couple months so I'm hoping we have that all cleared up and we can move on as a family now. I really think this rainbow baby has put us into such an emotional roller coaster that we don't know which way is up anymore. I'm sure once he's here, we will feel much better. I think we're both just so scared this time around and it's been weighing on both of us very heavily.

So other than those few issues, he seems to be doing really well. He's (and I) growing like crazy and moving all the time. I'm SO SO SO thankful for all the movement though... even at 2am! I was never woken up or kept awake by Noah... Carson certainly has stronger kicks and keeps me awake at night. I truly cherish each movement though. We also have been seeing him a lot through the ultrasounds. One positive thing about gestational diabetes is that I have an ultrasound every 4 weeks to measure him and make sure he's not getting too big from the diabetes. We have another appointment this Friday and ultrasound! Then we're onto every 2 weeks for doctors visits... time is flying! I have about 10-11 more weeks until he's scheduled to be here!

This Sunday is also our March for Babies walk with the March of Dimes in memory of Noah. We have a huge team coming out and we'll all have our Team Noah shirts on! I'm so excited to do something in honor of Noah. I'll be sure to post pictures after the walk on Sunday. We are also going to be finishing up the nursery here soon so I'll be sure to get pictures of those up as well. And by request, I will put some pictures of my growing belly up too! :)

1 comment: