Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Big Reveal

So yesterday was our "20" week appointment... it was really 20 weeks and 6 days. We were able to find out what we were having...

First let me tell you what our plan was and then I'll tell you where we stand with that plan :)

On Saturday we have a party with our family planned for the Big Reveal. Our idea was for a friend of ours to make the cake and none of us (including Craig and I) know what we're having until Saturday. No big deal, right?

So yesterday, we go to our appointment. Everything looks great. Baby is growing great. The whole time we swore it's a girl. I have this huge feeling it's a girl. Craig has the same feeling. The ultrasound tech asks if we want to know. I tell her we would like her to put it in an envelope so we can share it with our families together this weekend. Great! Everything is working as planned. She writes down what she thinks it is and what percentage she feels she is correct.

We have the rest of our appointment. We go to my mom's for Craig to get his hair cut. We talked about how much we feel that it's a girl. We talk about how we're going to get rid of the boy clothes so we can now replenish with girl stuff. We then go home, have dinner while this envelope sits on the livingroom table just staring at us! "Open me! Open me!" It was calling our name, it really was... I heard it! Haha

So around 8:30pm we couldn't take it anymore... we vowed that it was our secret that we know before Saturday. No one will ever know that we found out before we should have. No, we can't do that. We just can't! But I can't stand that envelope sitting there either!

Craig caved... he opened it! BOY 99%!!! To say we were shocked was an understatement. I SWEAR we were having a girl... really 99% boy?? Wow!! Either way was great news but I swore I was going to be correct again... well, up until 3 weeks ago. I thought it was a boy up until about 3 weeks ago, then switched to think it's a girl. So there it was on that piece of paper... BOY!!! Another little boy. We are so excited!! So here we go! Carson (no middle name yet) is on his way in July!

We both had to look at the paper again this morning to be sure we didn't dream this up. Still says "Boy 99%"!

So as it stands... our family still doesn't know that we know already. We hope to keep it a secret between us. I still plan on thinking it's a girl on Saturday since everyone knows that's my feeling. :) Hehe

3 comments:

  1. Secret's safe with me!! Congratulations!! I'm so excited for you and Craig and I love the name Carson!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I am sooo happy for you and Craig!!!
    Congrats on Baby Carson!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont know why the other comment didnt go through.
    But I am so happy for you and Craig!! Congrats on Baby Carson!!! :)

    ReplyDelete