Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Almost halfway!

So here we are 18 weeks along. We have 3 more weeks until we find out what our little one is. I can't wait!! I've had this feeling all along that it's a boy but the last few days, I'm not so sure now. There are some differences from last time that lead me to believe it just might be a little girl.

Reasons to believe it's a girl:
- It's taking much longer (2 weeks and counting!) for me to really feel this baby move. I felt Noah at 16 weeks. I've been feeling this baby but not as much. I first felt this baby at 2 days shy of 17 weeks but I don't feel it everyday. So thankful for our heartbeat monitor I bought!! :)
- My hubby was able to feel Noah move on Valentine's Day last time. Valentine's Day is in 2 days, I don't see that happening at all since I can barely feel it move.
- And since I can barely feel it move I'm thinking it's a smaller baby. To me, smaller baby = girl. Haha!
- I've also only gained about 1.5 lbs so far. With Noah I'm pretty sure I gained 5+ lbs by the time I was halfway. They also told me he wouldn't be much more than 6lbs because of the size hubby and I were at birth... Noah was 7lbs. 3oz so quite a bit bigger than they expected.

My only reason to believe it's a boy is that we're still fixated on calling it a "him" from Noah being a him. I just don't have that strong boy feeling this time. Last time, I had almost no doubt it was a boy.

So on March 4th hopefully this little one will cooperate so we can find out! I want to finish our nursery and be able to actually "do" stuff for this baby. Since we had just about everything bought last time, it's been a little on the boring side so far. But thankfully time is flying! I'm so ready for sometime around the 4th of July!

So other than anxiously awaiting to find out what "it" is, I've been feeling pretty good. No morning sickness or anything like that. I have been really tired and still am semi tired most days. I'm hoping it's just because of this really extreme, rare cold weather we've been having. BRING ON SPRING ALREADY!

3 comments:

  1. I was just thinking about you and was going to email you but thought I would stop by to see if you posted anything. I can't believe that you are already 18 weeks! It is flying by.
    I am going to go out on a limb and say that it's a girl too. ;) I was super tired with Baby P and the dr check my iron levels and they were a little low so he put me on iron pills. They helped tremendously. If you think that you are more tired then you should be, I would ask the dr to check your iron. I am not saying it is, because that baby needs your energy to grow big and strong for mommy and daddy!! (I was just throwing out the suggestion)
    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that thought! I might mention it cause I'm certainly still tired but I've also been sick for about a week. I didn't even think of my iron level.

      Delete
  2. Good luck at your appointment! I've been thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete