Thursday, February 2, 2012

Home Births

Nothing against anyone that has done this or has wanted to do this but after what I've been through, I'd never attempt an in-home birth. I read this article today that I wanted to quote a piece of... even though risks are still low with in-home birth deaths, I would have been one of those deaths if I did it with my last pregnancy. But I thought I'd share this little sentence that I found was interesting...

"The top causes of pregnancy-related deaths in this country are uncontrolled bleeding, blood clots, high blood pressure, infection, stroke, amniotic fluid in the blood and heart disease."

I only find that interesting because in my case... I had 3 of those causes in one pregnancy - uncontrolled bleeding, blood clots and infection. Makes me still feel VERY fortunate to be alive!! Although an infection is what caused the other two things.


2 comments:

  1. I completely agree, I would never. Anything can go wrong in delivery and to me it is not worth the slightest risks. I know too many people that have needed to be in a hospital (transfusions, NICU, etc.) <3 much love Brandi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with ya Brandi! I wouldn't have my little boy if we would have done an in-home birth. So not worth the risk. Too many things can go wrong with even the healthiest of people.

    ReplyDelete