I've been feeling so alone lately. I feel like we have no friends anymore... well, we do have 1 couple that we have been hanging out with and that has been checking in on us if they don't hear from us every couple days. That's about it. Everyone else seemed to have forgotten about us. I feel like we have a disease all of a sudden and no one wants to talk to us. We lost our son... it's not contagious!! I'm so thankful for the one friend in the area that I do have. I know I have lots of support from afar but we need people in the area too. I just hope it's because they don't know how to act or what to say. We are just about the only ones that don't have kids so I can understand that. But ever since I got out of the hospital almost 8 weeks ago, there are 2 in particular that I haven't heard from much at all... two people that I thought would always be there for us. I feel like I was wrong.
I'm hoping to find more friends once we start the support group in a couple weeks. I really do feel so lonely and want to find a way to move on from some old friends I guess. If they can't handle talking to us, then I want to find someone that can. This is the time when we NEED friends more than ever!
I'm not really ready to talk about everything with everyone just yet so I just want friends there to hang out with and be there when I AM ready to talk about things more. It's so hard to do this, let alone do it by ourselves. Thankfully I have the greatest husband in the world who always makes sure I'm ok. We're in this together and I couldn't have found a better person to be going through this with. He is my soul mate... my other half for sure!
There was also another girl in the hospital at the same time I was that lost her child too. It has been weighing on my mind so much lately. Thinking about her and wondering how they're doing. I have a contact with one of my nurses, so I thought about contacting her to see if she would give this girl my information and if she ever wants to talk or call me, she can. It's really been bothering me that there is someone else going through this horrible life altering event and I feel like I need someone else going through this with us. No one else understands what we're going through unless you're in our shoes. It sucks... it REALLY, REALLY, REALLY SUCKS!! I can tell you that much.
You are definatly not alone! I understand what you mean about not having people close to you to "count on". I go through this every day. I really wish we did live closer!!!! Sending you love and hugs!!!
ReplyDeleteI wish we lived closer too Brandi! I would totally hang with you, and not expect anything from you. Just do regular stuff, and if someday you wanted to talk, I would be there. I am so sorry you are feeling alone. People are so strange sometimes. I dont understand why, but I too have moved on from old friends to find new great amazing supportive ones. I will pray the same come along for you. HUGS! In the meantime, you have my number <3
ReplyDelete