Today was my last appointment with the wound center. I am finally all healed up! I truly hope in the future I don't have my c-section incision reopen again. Two months is way too long to worry about that. Anyway, today they finally discharged me and I'm free to go back to every day things now (not that I haven't already). I am finally back to normal... well, a new normal that is. Things will never be normal again. I still thank God every single day for the nurses I've met and that have helped me through this whole ordeal. I could NOT have had better nurses if I hand picked them myself. They were AWESOME... truly awesome! Not only at the wound center but at the hospital. I will miss every single one of them. When I left the wound center today I got hugs from the two that helped me the most and I also got a glass jar full of candy as a thank you... I feel like I should be thanking them! They made this whole process a little easier for me. It's amazing how one day in your life (for us it was July 20th) could change your entire life. I just thought that day would change our lives for the better... not the worst.
So today also wrapped up my first week back to work. It wasn't bad. I'm definitely tired though. But it's definitely helping me to be back to work. I've thought about everything but it keeps my mind off of it most of the day. Everyone at work has been so great and understanding.
Tuesday will also mark 2 months since my little one has been gone. I can't believe it's been 2 months already. I'm also in the process of trying to figure out where to go next weekend. We just need to get away... away from everything and everyone for a couple of days. I want to go somewhere, just the 2 of us. We've been through way too much and we really deserve to get away somewhere. I just haven't figured out where yet.
Getting away from "reality" for awhile will help! Trust me!! Mike and I just did that this weekend. And if I can suggest somewhere to go...Niagara Falls!! We just got back from there last night. I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders just watching the falls and not having to worry about "life" for awhile. Its not super busy either. (getting towards the end of the season). Let me know if you want any suggestions on what to do if you decide to go! :)
ReplyDelete