Monday, December 12, 2011

Shoes

I will be back hopefully tomorrow to write an update. I have some pictures to go along with it and I don't have them at work so I'll be back with an actual update soon. In the meantime, here is another great poem (this is exactly what I'm going through!)


I'm wearing
a pair of shoes.
They are ugly shoes.
Uncomfortable shoes.
I hate my shoes.
Each day I wear them,
and each day I wish
I had another pair.
Some days my shoes hurt so bad
that I do not think I can take another step.
Yet, I continue to wear them.



I get funny looks
wearing these shoes.
They are looks of sympathy.
I can tell in others eyes that
they are glad they are my shoes
and not theirs.


They never talk about my shoes.
To learn how awful my shoes are might
make them uncomfortable.
To truly understand these
shoes you must walk in them.
But once you put them on,
you can never take them off.
I now realize that I'm not
the only one who wears these shoes.
There are many pairs in this world.
Some woman are like me and ache
daily as they try and walk in them.




Some have learned how to walk in them so
they don't hurt quite as much.
Some have worn the shoes so long that days will go by
before they think about how much they hurt.
No woman deserves to wear these shoes.
Yet, because of these shoes I am a stronger woman.
These shoes have given me the
strength to face anything.
They have made me who I am.
I will forever walk in the shoes of a woman who has lost a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment