Monday, December 5, 2011

Christmas is on it's way

This weekend was my family's annual Christmas party and then on Sunday we went and bought our tree. The Christmas party wasn't bad. I don't really see or talk to many of them on that side of the family all but at Christmas time so I don't think any of them really knew that I was pregnant so that wasn't as bad as I thought. Although while I was getting ready... I kept thinking "I should be getting Noah ready for his first Christmas party"




Then Sunday it started sinking in... I teared up when we went to get our tree. These are things I envisioned doing with him. I can't imagine how I'm going to be on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.




I also ran into one of my wonderful (and that's an understatement!) nurses that I had while I was in the hospital. She is such an awesome person in my life, even to this day! She has been through a couple losses herself (although a little different but kind of the same) and she actually was the overnight nurse that I had most nights that I was there. So she would come and stay with me in my room and we just talked and she gave me massages all night cause I was so sore from being completely bedridden for 4 days. (Thankfully there were some days/nights where I was the only patient the nurses had). She still calls every so often to check up on me and it feels great to be remembered and thought of by them. I guess typically when people lose a child, they are in and out in a day or two... but my case was special since I was there for just over a week. Anyway, I saw her while working at the mall yesterday and she recognized me... minus about 60lbs that I had while in the hospital and my hair all chopped off. She told me how great I looked and how happy she was that I was doing so well. I told her that the holidays are creeping up and starting to get a little harder. She said she is working Christmas Eve and Christmas Day night if I needed to call her and talk.

1 comment: