Thursday, November 17, 2011

Finding Some Support

I've gotten in touch with another woman in my area that just lost her son in October to SIDS. Although not quite the same as me, we're still there for each other. So far we've exchanged a few emails and on Saturday, we are finally going to meet. She also got in touch with another woman from her church that's going to also be there this weekend. So it will be nice to finally find someone else to reach out too. I guess the other one coming had a stillborn child so her and I will undoubtedly connect. I'm so glad I reached out... it's looking like a blessing for me.





And I know I've been posting a lot of poems but I'm finding some really touching ones lately. Here is another one I read today. Made my heart melt because I do not feel like a mother at all...





I thought of you
as I closed my eyes,
and prayed to God today.
I asked what makes a mother
and I know I heard him say
"a mother has a baby,
this we know is true."
"But God, can you be a mother
when your baby's not with you?."

"Yes, you can" he replied,
with confidence in his voice,
"I give many women babies,
when they leave is not their choice.
Some I send for a lifetime,
and others for a day,
and some I send to feel your womb,
but there's no need to stay."

"I just don't understand
this God. I want my baby here!"
He took a breath and cleared his
throat. And then I saw a tear.

"I wish I could show you
what your child is doing today,
if you could see your child smile,
with other children and say..."
"We go to earth to learn our
lessons of love and life and fear,
my mommy loved me oh so much.

I got to come straight here!
I feel so lucky to have a mom,
who had so much love for me,
I learned my lesson very quick,
my mommy set me free.
I miss my mommy oh so much,
but I visit her each day
when she goes to sleep on
her pillows where I lay.

I stroke her hair and kiss her
cheek and whisper in her ear,
"Mommy don't be sad, I'm your
baby. I'm still here."
"So you see my dear sweet one,
your children are ok,
your babies are here in my home,
and this is where they'll stay.
They'll wait for you with me
until your lesson is through.
And on the day that you come home
they'll be at the gates for you.

So now you see what makes a mother.
It's the feeling in your heart.
It's the love you had so much of
right from the very start.
Though some on earth
may not realize you are a mother,
until their time is done,
they'll be up here with me
one day and know you're the best one!"

1 comment:

  1. God is good Mama! These ladies will be a saving grace for you and I am glad you all can relate on the same page. Hope it all goes well and things look up for all you very soon!!
    HUGS.

    ReplyDelete